Monday, July 23, 2012








\


















Hi girls well have I been a busy girl ,making some furniture for my bleuettes. I have had so much fun with these projects Im eager to do more to show you what can be done with a needle and thread and second hand goodies and some  paint .I must say I have gone mad for french looking furniture.
The Amoire I made from a disused jewellery cupboard I sanded with a very light sand paper and used an acrylic paint .I must say this was my first project to paint .The cupboards inside I took all the hanging hooks out which is very easy while I also removed all the brass fittings from the cabinet.before I started .The cabinet has persplex in the front which gives the cabinet a very french provincial look.

Note the bed I bought from Etsy and was so surprised to see how large it was so I needed to make bedding for the bed ,firstly I played with Rubntuff gold rub on gold  with a rag to highlight the centre of the top head piece touched it also on the knobs to give a touch of gold.

The bedding firstly I made the surround frill in lovely swiss cotton it was perfect to use .I made a duvet and made the quilt cover using dupion silk and hand embroidered a B .I am really happy with the set I am contemplating adding one to my range for The Rosebud Collection .
I would love to have your comments on Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment


Free background from VintageMadeForYou